Knowledge Base

I have been involved in an accident that occurred on Town land or on/in Town property? How do I report this and file a claim to seek reimbursement for my loss?

The Purchasing/Insurance Office processes and administers all claims for property, casualty and professional liability. If you are seeking reimbursement for losses as a result of negligence by the Town, you will need to provide, in writing, as much information as possible about the event to the Purchasing/Insurance Office as soon as possible. Such information will include the date and approximate time of the accident, the names of all parties involved, the address of where it occurred, a description of the event, pictures of the damage, and what you are looking to be reimbursed for, etc. Please make sure to submit any receipts you may have. The Purchasing Office will process this information to the Town’s insurance carrier, MIIA, and a representative from their office will be in further contact with you.
Updated 8/12/2019 8:54 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!